Lifeguard and Flex Leader
The Lifeguard and Flex Leader position requires active NLS certification and readiness to assist campers and cabin units, as needed and assigned. On site training dates are May 20-22 and June 23-30. Daily shifts are Mon. to Fri. from July 3 to Aug. 25. The job includes 30 hours per week with a wage of $12/hr.
Send your inquiry or application to: Lance Wright - Camp Director.
Our awesome leaders are what makes Canterbury Hills Camp a place where forever memories are made! Leaders help campers reach higher and accomplish more than they thought possible. Campers can take on new challenges because they have fun leaders who care for them and believe in them. With leaders who give their best in cabins, forests, fields, pools, creeks and Dining Halls, campers thrive.
Every camper is unique, so our leaders work hard to find the unique hopes, needs and dreams of every camper and every group. This effort requires ongoing teamwork, patience, listening and creativity. Some moments will be full of joy and wonder. Some moments will be puzzling or challenging. Through it all, leaders bring positive energy, excellence and dedication with a good dose of silliness. To the campers, leaders are role models, even heroes, who leave a lasting impression.
Lifeguard and Flex Leader Job Description
- Fulfil lifeguarding duties and daily assignment
- Fill in for Day or Overnight Leaders, as assigned by the Resource Team
- Provide additional support for 1:1 leaders in need of assistance, as assigned or needed
- Supervise, as assigned, camper activity sessions, camper meal times and cabin mornings, nights or unstructured times
- Proactively keep campers healthy by ensuring campers eat adequate food, drink adequate water, and apply sunscreen when participating in outdoor activities
- Apply first aid treatment as required, according to first aid standards
- Follow all Canterbury Hills Camp policies and ensure that all campers follow camp policies and expectations
- Facilitate unit activities through advanced planning and preparation of equipment or resources
- Work closely with fellow unit leaders using good communication and teamwork skills
- Care for the emotional and social needs of campers by helping them feel included, valued and supported
- Be a role model who brings enthusiasm and positive energy to all interactions and activities with campers, staff and parents
- Attend staff meetings as required
- When not assigned to give leadership at the pool or with a unit group, the Flex Leader will look for ways to support staff, campers or the camp program
- Provide written documentation in the Reach for the Rainbow journal (as required), Accident/Incident reports and daily camper logs, together with team leaders
How To Apply
1. DOWNLOAD the staff application form.
2. Complete the application form.
3. Email your application to Lance Wright: email@example.com.
4. Provide two letters of reference or names/phone numbers for two references. Written references can be included with your application or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Preference is given to student applications of a visible minority.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, contact Lance Wright: email@example.com or 905-648-2712 ext. 2